With the numerous Fashion Week shows behind us...most of us can only dream of buying the looks on the runway. What we can achieve are the glamorous makeup and hair styles seen on the catwalk. J.Crew takes us behind the scenes, and tells us how to achieve such a flawless look.
The Face: Fresh and Flawless
1. Prime skin with Laura Mercier Radiance Primer mixed with moisturizer to create a
clean, flawless look.
2. Dab lots of RMS Living Luminizer along the cheekbones for added definition and a
3. Brush translucent powder over the chin and under the eye as necessary to give skin
a smooth finish.
The Eye: Au Naturel
1. Prime lids with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
2. Curl lashes (no mascara is needed for this look) and apply RMS Living
Luminizer generously at the inside corners to open the eye area.
3. Fill in brows with pencil for a full, strong look.
4. Use an eyebrow brush to sweep brows upward, then set with Tweezerman
The Lip: Bright and Bold
1. Make sure lips are well moisturized by applying a generous dose of lip balm (we’re
partial to good ol’ Aquaphor).
2. Color the entire mouth with a Maybelline lip pencil in #50 ‘Red’.
3. Apply Hourglass Icon lipstick in ‘Icon’ liberally over the entire mouth
for killer shine.
4. Finish with a dab of RMS Living Luminizer at the bow of the lip for a perfect pout.
The Hair: A No-fuss Chignon
1. Spray small sections of hair with texturizing spray (we’re a fan of Bumble and bumble’s), then smooth slightly with a hairdryer and a round brush.
2. Spray hair with L’Oreal Elnett Strong Hold Hairspray to create even more texture.
3. Create a two-inch part over the center of the left eyebrow.
4. Gather hair back into a ponytail at the center back of the head and secure with an elastic. 5. Twist hair as if into a chignon, leaving some ends free. Secure the messy chignon with
6. To create volume, use Kiehl’s Silk Groom Serum to smooth and lift a section on the
right side of the head, then secure with a pin.
7. Spray head liberally with L’Oreal Elnett hairspray and use fingers to gently lift out some flyaways from
the top for a casual, messy look.
I need some support for my shoe addiction...maybe I will find it at "Shoe Obsession” the latest exhibit brought to you by The Museum at FIT in New York. This 150-piece collection showcases contemporary footwear from brands like Christian Louboutin, Manolo Blahnik, Nicholas Kirkwood, Charlotte Olympia and more. Now instead of buying them...I can stand around and admire them for free!
Source: Fashion Institute of Technology
Saint Laurent marches in with a new name and a new collection. The fashion world was rocked when Yves Saint Laurent, an iconic name in fashion announced they were all about Saint Laurent...the new name of the fashion house. The newest collection rocked the runway...and is sure to rock any fashion soldier’s closet!
What does it take to be a fashion editor? An eye for fashion of course...and a little insight from some of the greatest editors in Vogue history. Vogue: The Editor’s Eye dives into the work of eight of the magazine's iconic fashion editors who worked to define the word...FASHION.
Hot off the press...The Fendi Baguette celebrates 15 years of being the IT bag to celebrities and royalty alike. To celebrate like only Fendi can, The Baguette Book is the first book to honor this small yet simple handbag, designed to be carried under the arm similar to a French loaf from which its name is derived. It has been produced in over 700 models, and is one of the most important accessories of the decade.
Embrace cold-weather fashion with inspiration from the movie release of Tolstoy's epic Anna Karenina. I am envious of her dressing room and the high style fashion. Channel your inner high society with Banana Republic's Anna Karenina collection, with a few of my faves below available online with more in stores .
Images: Laurie Sparham
Kate Moss that is..with the release of “Kate: The Kate Moss Book”. It celebrates Moss’s 25-year career in this pictorial coffee table book (What a great holiday gift). The images were picked by Moss herself and amazing photographers such as Patrick Demarchelier & Mario Testino just to name a few...I just wish I could walk on the runway like Kate Moss!