Happy hour was a hit!!! After a long hot day, this white wine granita was the perfect adult snow cone. I chose Seven Daughters Sauvignon Blanc, but you can experiment with the white wine blend or the pinot...Now I just need to find that perfect outfit for tonight that will be just as cool..
White Wine Granita
2 cups full-bodied white wine
1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
Dried apple slices, for serving
1. Place wine, juice, sugar, and ⅓ cup water in a bowl, and whisk until sugar is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
2. Pour into a 9" x 13" baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the freezer.
3. Using the tines of a fork, stir the mixture every 30 minutes, scraping edges and breaking up any ice chunks as the mixture freezes, until granita is slushy and frozen, about 3 hours.
4. Scoop into chilled serving glasses and top with apple slices, if you like. Makes 3 cups.
This cardigan is perfect for a cool summer's eve strolling through one of the most exquisite vineyards. Plus, this sweater is a part of the limited edition capsule collection with J.Crew and Shane Gabier/Christopher Peters, the design duo (and CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Award runners-up). Their psychedelic colors add a little flair to any outfit...Hurry it wont be available for long!
Summer is finally upon us, and there is nothing that screams summer like lemonade with a twist...or really a bunch...a bunch of thyme that is. Grab your favorite glass pitcher, and serve over ice for a refreshing beverage.
1. Bring 1 bunch thyme and 1 1/2 cups each sugar and water to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
2. Let cool, then strain the syrup into an ice-filled pitcher. Stir in 2 cups each fresh lemon juice and cold water.
3. Serve over ice with thyme sprigs and lemon slices.
Looking to add a wordly flair to your beachside cocktail? These seaside sips are just the way to beat the heat and start an amazing summer vacation. I am wondering which will be your fave...I am partial to the Paloma...Let me know your thoughts!
2 oz tequila blanco (silver)
Juice of half a lime
3 oz grapefruit juice
3 oz soda
Lime wedge, for garnish
Combine tequila, lime juice and a pinch of salt in a highball or Collins glass. Add ice and top with grapefruit and soda. Stir gently, then serve with a lime wedge garnish.
MAKES 1 COCKTAIL
These cities throughout the world are known for their scenic river walks. The San Antonio river walk below is just one example...I hope you packed your most comfy sandals because an evening stroll never sounded so good!
Trina Turk Style...St. Regis Hotels and Resorts in Kauai has partnered with fashion designers in the past to create fantastic interiors (think the Dior Suite at St. Regis New York) but the cabana brings the VIP experience to the beach (the likes of Jennifer Lopez have reserved this cabana). No need to bring anything, the cabana comes equipped with iPad's and a mini fridge filled with chilled champagne...luxe at its best!
No that was not a typo...I didn't mean LBD...but they were created by the same iconic designer...Chanel of course. The LBJ (Little Black Jacket) is being celebrated by the House of Chanel. The Little Black Jacket: Chanel’s Classic Revisited, by Karl Lagerfeld and Carine Roitfeld, will be published late this summer. Chanel is EVERYTHING, and I cannot wait to get my copy...until then I will have to admire the LBJ from afar...
This quirky memoir of Lizz Winstead chronicles her life from a sheltered Catholic girl from Minneapolis to a witty punk-rock comic and co-creator of The Daily Show. It's funny and raw...and reminds me to always have an opinion...it just might land me a job in the biz!